Monday, September 6, 2010

The 180 Degree Day

Holy CRANKY Batman!!  That's how my kid's day started out.  Miss Princess Mikaylah woke up very grumpy this morning..it escalated through the morning...maxed out at lunchtime and then turned for the better in the afternoon into the evening.  This morning my girl got angry if I even looked at her - but tonight, all she wants to do is hang all over me and snuggle and tell me she loves me.  WTH??

Wouldn't it be funny if adults behaved in the same manner as children?  Like if I was at a restaurant and didn't like my food, I could just outright cry and hide under the table (yes, that happened to Mikaylah today)?  Lets say you're at work and your boss asks you to do something (similar to how I asked Mikaylah to clean up her Thomas game when she was done with it) and instead of doing it, you stomped your feet and shouted "this is NOT fair!" (yes, this happened today too).  And my favorite, when asked to simmer down and behave, if an adult wanted to shift the focus away from being naughty and on to something else, they could just blow snot rockets, cry and say "but I needed a tissue!" (yep...happened today too). 

I love love love my child, but when this day ends and she's drifted off to dreamland, I'm going to sigh and choose to remember the snuggling and smiles....  :-) 

P.S.  Stay tuned!  Tomorrow is day one of KINDERGARTEN!!!  Woot woot!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to hear all about Princess' first day. I am so excited!!! By the way, when someone makes a request of me tomorrow...I shall stomp my feet, crawl under a table and yell NO!! truthfully there ar days when I have felt like doing this.....

    xoxoxoxo
    auntie Kacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be thinking of you tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete